Sunday, January 13, 2013

real vs. virtual

Real life exists with me putting up a smile and acting like I'm not offended by everyday comments.
truth is, I am offended.  I am hurt. I do want to slap you across the face for saying those words.
But that is only in my virtual world.  In my real life I will laugh at jokes. I won't even blink when you complain about how tough your life is with your kids.  I'll just empathize.  I'll keep my one glass of wine all night.  I will continue to pretend that I trust that you will keep my secret safe, even when it has become obvious that you have shared my struggle with the new friends at the party.  Will I forgive you?   In the real world it may seem that way. But my virtual self has kicked your ass out of the game and banned you for life.

what am I grateful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment